Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance
Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance Covers All Liability Needs When Used For Repair & Recovery Of Vehicles
Get a Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance Quote
✔ Completely free ✔ Takes less than 3 minutes
Compare Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance Quotes
Roadside emergencies can happen at the worst time. When trouble strikes, the goal is to get the vehicle back on the road as quickly and safely. This is common when you’re in the breakdown and recovery operator. But what happens when you’re the one that breaks down?
What would you do if you’re out trying to help a stranded motorist and your vehicle breaks down? It’s imperative to have breakdown and recovery operator’s insurance to get you back on the road and help that stranded motorist!
Some Of The Motor Traders Which Can Be Covered:
What Does Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance Cover?
Breakdown and recovery operator insurance cover the following (depending on each individual policy, which can vary by insurer):
- Single recovery trucks and vans
- Fleets of recovery vehicles
- Transportation of customer vehicles
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Business premises and contents
- Tools in transit
- Events and exhibitions
- Business interruption coverage
As you can see, this coverage provides the right protection to handle risks you and your employees face on the road. When driving a large recovery vehicle, the risks of the road are higher. So, it’s necessary to ensure your vehicle(s) and employees. This is why specialist breakdown and recovery operator insurance is necessary.
Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance can cover:
Product Liability Insurance
Flexible Monthly Payments
24hr Claims Helpline
Motor Traders Policy For Over 25+
Accident Support / Replacement Vehicle
Material Damage Cover
Equipment & Premises
Combined or Road Risk Insurance
Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance FAQs
The Institute of the Motor Industry Website
Retail Motor Trade Federation – The Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMI) is the UK’s leading automotive trade body, representing franchised car and commercial vehicle dealers, independent garages, bodyshops, motorcycle dealers, petrol retailers, auction houses and cherished number plate dealers,
What is Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance?
Breakdown and recovery operator insurance, also known as breakdown and recovery agent insurance, has been designed to cover businesses that work to recover or repair vehicles after an accident or a breakdown.
If you run a breakdown and recovery business, it’s crucial to have motor trade road risk coverage for each vehicle in the fleet. Whether you have one recovery vehicle or an entire fleet, breakdown and recovery operators insurance has you covered. What’s more, this insurance works to repair or replace recovery vehicles. These vehicles are sometimes more expensive to repair or replace due to their equipment and design of the vehicle. So, it’s imperative to have the right coverage to protect your company’s expensive investment.
And if you have employees, you’ll also need employers’ liability insurance to protect them. In addition, public liability insurance is necessary to protect your business from claims for damage to people or their property during the running of your business.
The good news is that breakdown and recovery operator insurance covers all of this and more.
Who Needs Breakdown and Recovery Operator’s Insurance?
Anyone who provides recovery or repair of vehicles on the roadside needs breakdown and recovery operator insurance.
Your business provides fast, round-the-clock services. That means you face increased road risks such as accidents, break down of the recovery vehicle, and more. Plus, stranded motorists may depend on you. It’s easier and faster to provide assistance if you have breakdown and recovery operator insurance. That way, your business is protected, and you can continue to help stranded motorists if one of your recovery vehicles breaks down or is in an accident.
Do I Need Breakdown & Recovery Operator Insurance?
Yes, if you run a business that provides breakdown and recovery services
Am I Eligible for Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance?
Yes, if you run a breakdown and recovery vehicles business, this is the perfect insurance to protect your business, employees, and recovery vehicles. Even if you only have one recovery truck, it can be covered as part of a breakdown and recovery operators insurance policy.
What are the Benefits of Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance?
There are several benefits your business can enjoy, chief of which is protection for your business. In addition, the policy offers the following benefits:
- Access to policies that may not be available from other insurers.
- Road risk cover can be purchased alone to cover individual recovery trucks.
- Recovery fleet insurance can protect an entire fleet of recovery vehicles.
- Combined cover can include protection for business premises and contents.
- Provides protection for tools and equipment, including those carried in the vehicle (even during transit)
- Specialist recovery vehicles are protected.
- Public and employer’s liability coverage
How Much Does Breakdown and Recovery Operator’s Insurance Cost?
The cost of this insurance policy depends on different factors, including:
- The type of vehicles that need coverage.
- Vehicle miles covered.
- The level of coverage selected, such as third-party, third-party, fire and theft, or comprehensive).
- The number of drivers on the policy.
- The level of driving experience for each named driver.
- The location of your business.
- The value of tools and equipment you choose to cover.
Each insurance provider reviews these and other factors before deciding how much risk you are to insure. It’s important that you always provide truthful information when applying for coverage. The information must also be accurate. If not, and the insurer finds you out, they could void your entire insurance policy. That would mean you wouldn’t have any insurance protection for your business, employees, and more.
How Can I Get Cheaper Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance?
Here are some ways you may be able to save on your premium:
- Always provide true and accurate information to the insurance provider.
- Install telematics on all recovery and company vehicles on the policy. Telematics and dashcams can provide valuable information when they record accidents and other issues on the road. The data is automatically sent to the insurance provider.
- Build up a no-claims bonus. The fewer claims you make, the more likely it is the insurance provider will offer a lower insurance premium.
- Employ only experienced drives and limit time spent on the road.
- Stay up to date with risk management, ensure your business is run with lower risks of harm to you, your staff, and members of the public.
- Compare Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance by comparison shopping and receiving quotes from different insurance companies.
Compare Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance
At MyMoneyComparison.com, we make it easy and fast to comparison shop for breakdown and recovery operator insurance. The quotes come from our esteemed partners, who are insurance brokers that offer breakdown and recovery operator insurance. They have the knowledge and experience to ensure you find the right policy for your business at an affordable premium.
All you have to do is fill out a simple form, hit “Enter,” and wait a few minutes for our insurance partners to send you quotes on their policies. It’s recommended that you read through each policy completely. If there’s anything you don’t understand, then reach out to the specific insurer with your questions. They’re happy to help answer any questions you may have.
So, why not get some quotes on breakdown and recovery operator insurance today?
Get a Breakdown and Recovery Operator Insurance Quote Today
✔ Completely free ✔ Takes less than 3 minutes