Elddis Motorhome Insurance
When you are on the lookout for cheap Elddis Motorhome Insurance quotes, it is important to look at the type of cover offered.
Get a Elddis Motorhome Insurance Quote
✔ Completely free ✔ Takes less than 3 minutes
What Is A Elddis Motorhome Insurance Policy?
Motorhomes are the ultimate companions, or as we can say, second homes for travellers. People who like to travel the world without leaving the comforts and facilities of their home behind. A motorhome has living compartments on a bus/truck chassis. That means it’s much larger, heavier and expensive than a campervan.
Motorhomes are the need of luxury road travels. A full-sized motorhome can have bedrooms, kitchen, TV lounges, Dining rooms and even a garage for your car! That’s why most of the adventurers prefer staying in their motorhomes rather than expensive hotels while on their vacation. Your bedroom by the hills, Dining room with exceptional sceneries and a Kitchen with pleasant, refreshing views – what’s better than that? Keeping this in view, motorhome insurance becomes a necessity as well as a legal requirement in the United Kingdom.
Elddis Motorhome Insurance FAQs
Reading Through Motorhome Insurance Policies
Raise your hand if you usually read Terms and Conditions. Well, thank you for your honesty. Whenever we help compare motorhome insurance quotes, we advise you to read through the content of your motorhome insurance policy. You should be fully aware of the content of your motorhome insurance policy so that you don’t get duped or misinformed.
Do I need motorhome insurance?
If you own any of the following motorhome vehicle types, then the answer is most definitely yes you require motorhome insurance:
- American RV
- Camper Vans
- Van Conversion
Importance of Motorhome Insurance:
- Motorhomes are usually much expensive. You can find a quality, luxurious motorhome for about £20,000 to £50,000. That’s the price of the motorhome itself, excluded of all the kitchenware, mattresses and equipment like that. So, when you are investing such an amount for your travel comfort, taking quality insurance also becomes essential. As you need to have a backup plan if your motorhome gets in an accident or gets stolen.
- Insurance for a motorhome is a legal requirement in the UK. If you want to drive your motorhome on the roads of the UK without any hassle that’s only possible when you also possess its insurance.
- If your motorhome ends up damaging the public property or someone’s health, you would be liable to pay the public Which means a complete cover for material costs and health expenses. Without public liability insurance, that’s not even possible. In addition, you would not receive any cover for your personal loss. So, in order to avoid lawsuits, fines, and bankruptcy, motorhome insurance is the only channel.
Types of Cover available in Motorhome Insurance
· Personal Possessions Cover:
If your personal items; electronics, valuable motorhome equipment, get stolen or damaged in an accident, insurance of £3,500 or more remains offered.
· European over:
European cover allows you to drive your motorhome outside of the UK in the European Union and still have your vehicle insured all the time. EU cover is usually free of any cost for motorhomes for up to 90 days by most insurers, but you can also extend it to 365 days by paying some additional fee.
· Third-Party Only (TPO) cover:
Third-party only covers, cover the public liability. That means, it would pay all the damage costs and health expenses if your motorhome ends up damaging public property, but you would not receive any cover for your loss.
· Third-Party Fire and Theft (TPFT) cover:
Third-party fire and theft in addition to covering for public liability also cover your vehicle in case of damage due to fire or theft.
· Windscreen Cover:
Windscreen cover for your motorhome provides repairing or complete replacement of the windscreen if needed.
· Legal Protection:
Legal protection allows you to pay all the lawyers’ fee and trail expenses when you get into a lawsuit. In addition, if a person sues you or claims personal damages related to your motorhome, the insurance will also provide cover.
motorhome insurance quote
· Breakdown/Vehicle Recovery Cover:
Vehicle recovery insurance cover is for your on-site help. In addition, it can provide your motorhome with home-start services and towing facilities if it breaks down during the trip or inflicts damage.
· Comprehensive Cover:
Comprehensive cover is the best insurance available for your motorhome. As it provides you with all types of cover under one policy. It is without a doubt, a safer option and a complete insurance package. Due to this very reason, comprehensive motorhome insurance is usually expensive as well.
· New for Old Cover:
Substitute vehicle cover, better known as New for old cover can provide you with a replacement vehicle. However, only when it comes under two conditions.
Your motorhome gets stolen despite appropriate security measures taken.
Your motorhome gets into an accident and remains damaged beyond economic repair.
In both of these cases, the insurance company will first evaluate the type, make, year, and market value of your motorhome and then provide you with one of the same specifications and similar market price.
· Keys/Locks Cover:
Unlimited cover for the Replacement of locks and keys is easily available if you misplace your vehicle keys.
What Motorhome Insurance does not cover?
- Damage caused by insects or vermin.
- General wear and tear, mechanical and electrical breakdowns. i.e. regular maintenance, safety tests is the client’s responsibility.
- If the motorhome gets damaged due to permanent living and use.
- Use of vehicle for purposes that do not remain mentioned in the contract. For example, the use of motorhome for business purposes under the personal insurance policy.
- Theft from improper security measures and negligence.
- Uninsured drivers or drivers without a valid driving license and clean driving record.
More to Explore:
How much does insurance costs on a motorhome?
Insurance costs of motorhome depend on their class. The higher the class, the higher will be the insurance cost and vice versa. For example, the annual insurance cost of ‘Class A motorhomes’ is £800 to £3,300. On the other hand, insurance of ‘Class C Motorhomes’ is £600 to £2500, per year.
What is the insurance on a motorhome?
Motorhome insurance provides appropriate cover for you. In case you are at fault in an accident that causes bodily injuries and property damages. Moreover, the policy can also provide roadside assistance if the motorhome breakdowns on the road. So that you can enjoy a hassle-free travel experience.
What’s the basic difference between campervan and motorhome?
A motorhome has self-contained living quarters on a truck or bus chassis. They are usually larger in size, luxurious and more expensive. Campervans, on the other hand, are vans with living and sleeping accommodations. They are much smaller in size and usually cheaper.
What classifies as a motorhome?
A motorhome is simply a recreational vehicle RV which a person can use for living and sleeping accommodation on a trip. These usually include campervans, caravans, fifth-wheel trailers, and truck campers.
Getting Cheaper Motorhome Insurance
We know that many people only get motorhome insurance because it is a legal requirement. That is why we endeavour to help you compare cheap motorhome insurance quotes. However, there are ways to reduce the amount you spend on your insurance.
- To get cheap motorhome insurance, install a tracking device endeavour to confirm that the model you choose is endorsed by your motorhome insurance company. You should also make a tie out to inform your insurance provider of the installation. If you do this, you are likely to get a discount from your motorhome insurance company. It should be noted that a tracking device won’t stop your motorhome from being stolen, however, the chances of recovering it is higher with this strategy in place.
- It is also wise to fit an alarm system. Many recent motorhome models have an alarm installed as standard, however, if your motorhome is an older version without an alarm system fitted, then you may need to install an alarm system. This is a way to get cheap motorhome insurance. It is also important that you include the alarm certificate of your second-hand motorhome amongst the documents submitted. Many motorhome insurance firms will refuse to offer any motorhome insurance discount if there is no proof that your alarm exists.
- Declare accurate annual mileage. When you have lower mileage, you get a cheaper motorhome insurance quote. For this reason, you should be as accurate as you can. It is needless to say that you should be open and honest about this as it might have unfriendly repercussions.
10 Best Motorhome & Caravan Clubs
27 of the best campsites in the UK
ABI – Association of British Insurers – The Association of British Insurers is the leading trade association for insurers and providers of long term savings. … need to contact their insurer for a Green Card which they will need to carry on them if they wish to drive their vehicle in the EU.
BIBA – British Insurance Brokers’ Association – The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) is the UK ‘s leading general insurance organisation.
Get a Elddis Motorhome Insurance Quote Today
✔ Completely free ✔ Takes less than 3 minutes