If you feel you have been overcharged, you should contact your previous supplier and give them the meter reading from the day you changed supplier. It is up to your old supplier to resolve the issue with you. If you are unhappy with the response you get you should contact Consumer Focus; who are in a position to investigate the matter further. The Consumer Focus website address is www.citizensadvice.org.uk