It’s important that you get the right deal for you, which may not necessarily be the cheapest on the list. To help you decide which is the right quote for you use our compare button. This allows you to compare lots of key policy features for up to 4 of the insurance providers on your list. In addition, there are a number of things you can think about to keep the cost of car insurance down:
- Downsizing your car to a lower-grouped one, or one with lower engine power.
- Fitting an alarm, tracking device or immobiliser.
- Parking your car in a secure place overnight – preferably a locked garage.
- Only adding additional drivers who regularly use the car. You can always add on occasional drivers at a later date.
- Increasing your voluntary excess (the part of the claim that you pay voluntarily). This will be added to any compulsory excess that applies to your policy.